Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Mark of the Beast

New bitcoin gift cards could take cryptocurrency mainstream
UPI reports: "Edmonton, Canada-based Bitcoin Solutions has developed what it hopes is a new solution -- by allowing people to buy bitcoin gift cards online, which can be loaded into digital wallets and spent anywhere bitcoin is accepted. Or investors can hold on to the bitcoin as an investment. [...] Cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, ethereum and others use a decentralized blockchain rather than a bank. The same blockchain can be used for micro payments, smart contracts and a host of other services that could disrupt traditional ways of doing business."

Comment: I should start with my usual disclaimer: I'm not saying this is the Mark of the Beast, I'm just noting trends. In this case, distributed ledger technology can be used for many different kinds of applications, including identity management, and I think it's a technology worth keeping a watchful eye on. 

No comments: