Friday, September 03, 2004

WorldNetDaily: Muslim cleric: Some wives need to be beaten
You read that right, dear readers. In fact, the Koran does advise husbands, and highly specifically, too, on when and how to beat their wives.

In the months that followed the Manhattan/Pentagon Incident (September 11, 2001, or Jumada t'Tania 22, 1424 AH), I once asked Steve Arterburn and Paul Meier and their colleagues, on their radio program, to comment on the verses in the Koran that explicitly say, "Fight and slay the infidels wheresoever ye find them," etc. They responded, "But the Koran also tells a man to beat his wife. Do Muslims beat their wives today?"

Steve, Paul, and Boys, if you're reading this, I think you owe me an apology. Behold the Muslims today, as they get back to fundamentals--and those fundamentals are very ugly indeed. You ought not have been so quick to dismiss my concerns as you were. (Then again, I'm used to that. In 1996 I told some of my medical colleagues, at a hospital that shall remain nameless, that our hospital needed a contingency plan for a biological warfare attack upon the United States. Their reply: "You've been reading too many Tom Clancy novels." I think I'll ask them about that again. But I digress.)

God warned the world about Ishmael, the likely (and indeed claimed) progenitor of Muhammad. He said that he would be a wild man in the desert...with his hand against every man and every man's hand against him [Genesis 25]. And now the wild man is raising his hand, as the world gallops toward the Tribulation [Daniel 9:27] to come.

No comments: