Monday, August 21, 2006

International Herald Tribune - Iran tests short-range missile during military maneuvers:
Iran test-fired ten surface-to-surface short-range missiles on Sunday, as a military training plane crashed outside the capital after catching fire, state-run television reported. The missile testing came a day after Iran launched a series of large-scale military maneuvers geared at testing the country's new defensive doctrine.
Some analysts speculate that the conclusion (if it was that) of the Israeli-Hezbollah War may give Iran the wrong idea about Israeli military capabilities, let's hope they don't do something foolish
(Persia/Iran, Ezekiel 38:5).

4 comments:

Alex said...

You can create hotspots to your references by using the "a href=" command...

It takes a little extra time but it's kinda cool and helps your readers quickly find your references and get back to the message.

To see it in practice go up to View and select Source to see how I throw in a shameless link to my blog...sorry.

I tried to describe it but Blogger kept thinking I was trying to create a hotspot.

Portents said...

Thank you for your comment. I'm not sure I understand, what is a hot spot? I'm familiar with the use of the term as it relates to wireless networks, but not with blogs.

Alex said...

A hotspot is the text that is underlined in blue.

In your latest post you quoted Matthew 24:12. By creating a hotspot you could give people the ability to go directly to the bible reference at a site like www.biblegateway.com.

So, instead of simply Matthew 24:12, it would now look like this...Matthew 24:12.

Click on it...

Portents said...

Right, ok, I see what you mean, thanks. I do have permanent links pointing to the scriptures on the main Prophecy News website, but I don't have time to do that for each and every blog post. I started the blog to help save time, as I actually have less time to devote to this now, even as the pace of prophetic news has increased. My hope was that the blog was grow as a team effort, but building the team is taking a long time. I'd like to get to the point that I can be confident that others will post links to breaking news even if I don't have the time.

One of the inspirations for this group blog was the Command Post, a news collective, that has since closed. Their thinking was that with the advent of news readers and RSS, people can filter news according to their own interests on their own, they don't need "filter blogs" to help them with that task. Perhaps there is no need for a blog like this?