Thursday, November 29, 2007

My Way News - Israel Marks Historic UN Vote
AP reports: "It was one of the most dramatic moments in the modern history of the Middle East - the world's nations voting one by one in the U.N. General Assembly to partition the Holy Land into separate Jewish and Arab states."

Comment: This is a great overview of this historic event. In reading it, I can't help notice how the Arabs never wanted a state with Israel, they wanted a state without Israel, even in the 1940s. They could have had the two-state solution at the start, but they chose the path to war. Anyway, I digress, what I really wanted to note was the how momentous this event was, the creation of a new country in one day, and yet this event was foretold thousand of years before by the prophet Isaiah (66:7-9, NIV):

7 "Before she goes into labor,
she gives birth;
before the pains come upon her,
she delivers a son.

8 Who has ever heard of such a thing?
Who has ever seen such things?
Can a country be born in a day
or a nation be brought forth in a moment?
Yet no sooner is Zion in labor
than she gives birth to her children.

9 Do I bring to the moment of birth
and not give delivery?" says the LORD.
"Do I close up the womb
when I bring to delivery?" says your God.
And don't forget Ezekiel 11:17 (New International Version):
17 "Therefore say: 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will gather you from the nations and bring you back from the countries where you have been scattered, and I will give you back the land of Israel again.'
The rebirth of the state of Israel is one of the greatest fulfillments of Bible prophecy the world has ever witnessed. And, of course, the God of Israel is not finished, you haven't seen anything yet. Stay tuned as prophecy continues to unfold.

No comments: