Friday, June 03, 2011

My Way News - Syrian protests grow despite attacks, Internet cut
My Way News reports: "A Syrian city that was bombed into submission three decades ago after a crushed uprising became a new center for protest and violence Friday, as activists said troops opened fire on a crowd of thousands and killed at least 34. Still, people nationwide poured into the streets in unprecedented numbers, defying the crackdown and a government chokehold on the Internet."

My Way News - Jordanians step up calls for PM to resign
My Way News reports: "Pro-reform activists took to the streets across Jordan on Friday, stepping up their calls for the prime minister to resign because they say he has failed to fight corruption. About 3,000 people, including leftists and members of Jordan's powerful Muslim Brotherhood, protested in seven cities across Jordan."

My Way News - Rebels in western Libya seize mountain towns
My Way News reports: "Libyan rebels forced government troops from three western towns and broke the siege on another, a rebel commander said Friday, and NATO pounded ten targets across the country."

My Way News - Suicide bombers in Iraq hit mosque, then hospital
My Way News reports: "A suicide bomber attacked a mosque filled with Iraqi politicians and policemen Friday and another blew himself up inside the hospital where the wounded were taken, killing a total of 21 people in Saddam Hussein's hometown."

My Way News - Burkina Faso says troops quell soldier unrest
My Way News reports: "Burkina Faso's government said its troops have forcefully disarmed rampaging soldiers on Friday after three days of looting and shooting in the air, the latest episode of unrest in the impoverished West African nation."

My Way News - Moroccan dies of wounds sustained in protests
My Way News reports: "A member of Morocco's main opposition Islamist group died Thursday from wounds sustained during a pro-reform demonstration several days earlier, a spokesman for the movement said."

Comment: What an incredible period of unrest, it's just been amazing to watch this thing move from country to country.

No comments: