Monday, January 23, 2012

My Way News - EU formally adopts Iran oil embargo
My Way News reports: "European Union nations have formally adopted an oil embargo against Iran as part of sanctions over its nuclear program [...] Diplomats say the measures, adopted by the EU's 27 foreign ministers, include an immediate embargo on new contracts for crude oil and petroleum products while existing ones are allowed to run until July."

My Way News - Israel welcomes EU sanctions on Iran
My Way News reports: "Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is welcoming a decision by the European Union to impose an oil embargo on Iran as part of wider sanctions over Iran's nuclear program. Netanyahu called the embargo 'a step in the right direction.' He was speaking at a Monday meeting of his Likud Party."

My Way News - Iran steps up threats to shutter Strait of Hormuz
My Way News reports: "Two Iranian lawmakers on Monday stepped up threats their country would shutter the strategic Strait of Hormuz, through which a fifth of the world's crude flows, in retaliation for oil sanctions on Tehran."

No comments: