Thursday, June 07, 2012

My Way News - In China, 1 in 10 TB cases are drug-resistant
My Way News reports: "One in 10 cases of tuberculosis in China cannot be treated by the most commonly-used drugs, driven by a lack of testing and misuse of medicine, according to a national survey that showed for the first time the size of the drug-resistant epidemic."

My Way News - Officials probe E. coli outbreak in 6 states
My Way News reports: "A mysterious and scattered outbreak of the E. coli bacteria is linked to 14 illnesses, including a child's death, health officials say [...] The reported illnesses were spread across six states. Georgia had five cases, Louisiana four, Alabama two, and Tennessee, Florida and California each had one."

My Way News - Gonorrhea growing resistant to drugs, WHO warns
My Way News reports: "A sexually transmitted disease that infects millions of people each year is growing resistant to drugs and could soon become untreatable, the World Health Organization said Wednesday. "

No comments: