Monday, September 09, 2013

Doomed Damascus

My Way News - Sudden plan: Syria to dispose of chemical weapons?
My Way News reports: "In a rapid and remarkable chain of events, Syria welcomed the idea of turning over all of its chemical weapons for destruction on Monday, and President Barack Obama, though expressing deep skepticism, declared it a 'potentially a significant breakthrough' that could head off the threats of U.S. air strikes that have set the world on edge."

My Way News - Obama: I might lose congressional vote on Syria
My Way News reports: "Battling stiff resistance in Congress, President Barack Obama conceded Monday night he might lose his fight for congressional support of a military strike against Syria, and declined to say what he would do if lawmakers reject his call to back retaliation for a chemical weapons attack last month."

No comments: