Monday, June 16, 2014

Wars and Rumors of War

My Way News - More US troops to Iraq; special forces considered
My Way News reports: "The U.S. is urgently deploying several hundred armed troops in and around Iraq and considering sending an additional contingent of special forces soldiers as Baghdad struggles to repel a rampant insurgency, even as the White House insists anew that America will not be dragged into another war."

My Way News - Pentagon: No joint military acts with Iran in Iraq
My Way News reports: "The Pentagon says it has no plans to coordinate with Iran on possible military action in Iraq. The Pentagon's press secretary, Navy Rear Adm. John Kirby, told reporters Monday that while there may be discussions between U.S. and Iranian officials in Vienna about security in the region, it will not include any military coordination."

My Way News - Iran's general in Iraq, militants seize key city
My Way News reports: "In a sign of Iran's deepening involvement in the Iraqi crisis, the commander of Tehran's elite Quds Force is helping Iraq's military and Shiite militias gear up to fight the Sunni insurgents advancing across the country, officials said Monday."

No comments: