Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Admin - Primary Source is Changing

As you may know, the primary news source most cited on this blog is My Way News. If you have clicked through to any of the recent news reports you would have noticed this banner at the top of their page:
After many years, the MyWay website will be getting an upgrade. The current site will be available until the end of day, December 5th, 2015. The new site will debut in the near future.

If you're a MyWay email accountholder, you will still be able to access your email by logging in through the following URL:http://my.myway.com/email_redir.jsp. Please update your bookmarks accordingly.

Thank you for your years of loyalty using MyWay!
I'm not sure exactly what this will mean for their news site, but I will be using other sources until the dust settles. From time to time I get pushback from readers who email me to let me know (most friendly, some not) that there are indeed other sources of news on the net. Yes, I'm aware. So, why do I use them? My Way News has, for many years, offered up newswire reports on an uncluttered site, free of advertising, banners, pop-ups, cookies and trackers along with a commendable privacy policy. In short, I like My Way News because it's just news, the top headlines, and that's all.

We will begin this new era next week. Don't be surprised to find links to Reuters, AP, Fox, CNN and the other major news sites. I'll try really hard not to link to Yahoo News (the very opposite of My Way News), but it may be unavoidable. With any luck, My Way News will be back in the near future, better than ever, with an unchanged site philosophy.

For our American visitors, Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: