Sunday, July 07, 2019

Earthquakes

7.1-magnitude earthquake rattles southern California - UPI.com
UPI reports: " A 7.1-magnitude earthquake has hit Southern California, marking a second big quake since Thursday. [...] Similar to Thursday's quake, it was centered in the Mojave Desert near Ridgecrest, Calif., though it was a little bit farther away from Los Angeles, and it was the the largest to hit the area in 20 years."

Comment: Ok, this was a bit surreal. I was slow to realize that the news alerts I was receiving on my phone were about a second big earthquake. I would note that this is a holiday weekend in the States and I was more disconnected from the news than I normally would be.  So, I'm breaking my custom of stepping away from online news and social media on Sunday to take note (belatedly) of this second and very large earthquake in Southern California. Does it portend The Big One?

No comments: