Wednesday, November 01, 2000


People Get Ready: A Musical Collection Inspired by the Left Behind Series

I received the cd I ordered today called "People Get Ready." I had low expectations. This isn't the soundtrack to the Left Behind movie, it's a compilation of songs relating to or inspired by the popular book series. What can I say? Wow! There's not a bad song on the cd. It's an eclectic mix of styles and I usually don't like that, but in this case it works. Even if you are not familiar with the Left Behind series, or if you don't subscribe to that particular view of eschatology, it's still great Christian music. The lead song, "People Get Ready" by Crystal Lewis is a wonderful anthem that will have you singing along in no time. "Come Quickly Lord" is so upbeat and memorable is should be played on Top 40 pop stations, really, it could be a hit. Personally, I really like "New Body" by Audio Adrenaline, though you would probably find that on a college music station and not a pop station. The producers did a great job of assembling a diverse group of artists representing various styles of music who are joined together by one common theme: their faith in Jesus.

No comments: