Friday, April 17, 2009

With Oprah Onboard, Twitter Grows - NYTimes.com
The New York Times reports: "The popularity of Twitter, which allows users to broadcast messages of 140 characters or less, has been soaring in recent months. In March, the service had more than 14 million unique visitors, compared to eight million visitors in February. Ms. Winfrey’s endorsement is only likely to draw more attention to the San Francisco start-up and propel it beyond its niche audience."

Comment: Twitter is truly global in scope and yet local in impact. It's an interactive global community that allows you to broadcast your messages as well as receive replies from others. I think it's a great technology that I've been making use of for some time as an extension of this blog. Please drop by and say hi, I'm @portents on the Twitter service, feel free to follow me (because you know who I'm following).

No comments: