Monday, July 19, 2010

My Way News - Bill Clinton, Gates: Fight AIDS more efficiently
My Way News reports: "In separate speeches at an international AIDS conference in the Austrian capital, the former American president railed against spending too much money on reports that just sit on shelves and urged that funds directly target AIDS sufferers. Gates, the founder of Microsoft Corp., said health groups must adopt better business practices that deliver more bang for the buck."

My Way News - AIDS breakthrough: Gel helps prevent infection
My Way News reports: "For the first time, a vaginal gel has proved capable of blocking the AIDS virus: It cut in half a woman's chances of getting HIV from an infected partner in a study in South Africa. Scientists called it a breakthrough in the long quest for a tool to help women whose partners won't use condoms."

My Way News - WHO: 5.2 million people on AIDS drugs in 2009
My Way News reports: "The number of people taking crucial AIDS drugs climbed by a record 1.2 million last year to 5.2 million overall, the World Health Organization said Monday - but Bill Clinton says that's still not nearly enough."

No comments: