Tuesday, October 05, 2010

My Way News - Taliban steps up attacks in Kandahar with blasts
My Way News reports: "Two explosions rocked Kandahar on Tuesday, the second day of deadly blasts in the southern Afghan city where Taliban insurgents are fighting back against U.S. and Afghan forces pushing into areas long held by the insurgents."

My Way News - Police: NATO supplies hit again in Pakistan
My Way News reports: "Gunmen in southwest Pakistan torched eight NATO oil tankers and shot dead a driver Wednesday, police said, in the latest strike against supply convoys heading for Afghanistan since Pakistan shut a key border crossing to international forces last week."

My Way News - Times Sq. bomber sentenced, warns of more attacks
My Way News reports: "The Pakistani immigrant who tried to detonate a car bomb on a busy Saturday night in Times Square accepted a life sentence with a smirk Tuesday and warned that Americans can expect more bloodshed at the hands of Muslims."

My Way News - France: 12 arrested in counterterrorism cases
My Way News reports: "Police in southern France arrested 12 people in sweeps against suspected Islamic militant networks on Tuesday, including three men being checked for potential links to a network recruiting fighters for Afghanistan, officials said."

No comments: