Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Christian Post - Heckler Calls Obama the Antichrist; Obama Proclaims "Jesus Is Lord"
The Christian Post reports: "The interruption took place immediately after Obama took the stage and the president was forced to stop talking for a moment [...] On his way out the door, the heckler proclaimed that Obama was the antichrist [...] Before he continued with his speech, Obama announced: 'First of all, I agree, Jesus Christ is the Lord. I believe in that.' The crowd immediately cheered with approval."

CNN - A movement to paint Obama as the Antichrist?
CNN reports: But Mooney observes that the White House pool report records the heckler as being much more blunt, yelling 'Barack Obama is the Antichrist!' The president interrupted his remarks at the fundraiser, held at Los Angeles' House of Blues, to respond to the heckler. 'First of all, I agree Jesus Christ is the Lord,' Obama said. 'I believe in that. I do have a question, though. I think the young man may have left his jacket...''"


Comment: So, Obama again professed his Christian faith in public. I doubt it will do much good, as so many refuse to hear it. Is he a Christian? Only God knows his heart. I'm inclined to give anyone the benefit of the doubt if they make a public profession of faith. Is he my kind of Christian? What kind of standard is that?. There are many kinds of Christians, many denominations, many dogmas. There are conservative Christians and liberal Christians and there's no doubt he is of the liberal variety. All of that is meaningless really. He has professed faith in Jesus and that should be enough. It should be enough, but of course, it's not, not for those who actually think an American president will be the antichrist.

No comments: