Thursday, August 29, 2013

Doomed Damascus

My Way News - Jordan: No attack on Syria from our soil
My Way News reports: "Jordan will not be used as a launching pad for attacks on Syria and the kingdom favors a diplomatic solution to the crisis, a Jordanian government spokesman said Wednesday. A U.S.-led strike on Syria in response to the alleged use of chemical weapons by President Bashar Assad's regime likely would involve cruise missile attacks from the sea, which would not need to cross or make use of Jordanian territory."

My Way News - UK Prime Minister Cameron loses Syria war vote
My Way News reports: "British Prime Minister David Cameron lost a vote endorsing military action against Syria by 13 votes Thursday, a stunning defeat that will almost guarantee that Britain plays no direct role in any U.S. attack on Bashar Assad's government."

My Way News - Ban Ki-moon pleads for time on Syria investigation
My Way News reports: "U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said Thursday that U.N. experts seeking to collect evidence from an apparent chemical attack in Syria that killed hundreds of people will report to him as soon as they leave the country Saturday."

No comments: