Friday, August 16, 2013

Nations in Distress

My Way News - Egypt street battles leave at least 82 dead
My Way News reports: "Egypt's capital descended into chaos Friday as vigilantes at neighborhood checkpoints battled Muslim Brotherhood-led protesters denouncing the ouster of President Mohammed Morsi and a deadly crackdown. The fiercest street clashes Cairo has seen in more than two years of turmoil left at least 82 people dead, including 10 policemen."

My Way News - Beirut bomb ups fear of fallout from Syria war
My Way News reports: "Hezbollah's leader blamed Sunni extremists Friday for a car bombing that killed 22 people in a Shiite neighborhood south of Beirut, heightening fears that Lebanon will be dragged further into sectarian fallout from the war in neighboring Syria."

My Way News - Bombings around Iraq's capital kill 7 people
My Way News reports: "Officials in Iraq say two bombings around the capital, Baghdad, have killed seven people. [...] Violence has been rising across Iraq since a deadly crackdown by government forces on a Sunni protest camp in April."

No comments: