Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Way News - FBI looking into Pittsburgh arts student beating
My Way News reports: "The FBI is looking into whether Pittsburgh police officers violated the civil rights of an 18-year-old violist who accused them of brutally beating him as he walked to his grandmother's house after dark."

My Way News - Teen violist alleges Pittsburgh police brutality
My Way News reports: "The confrontation began around 11 p.m. Jan. 12, when the teenager walked out of his mother's home and headed to his grandmother's, where he spends most nights [...] As Miles walked up the block, he noticed three men sitting in a white car [...] 'Where's the money?' one shouted, according to Miles. 'Where's the gun? Where's the drugs?' the other two said. 'It was intimidating; I thought I was going to be robbed,' Miles said. [....] 'That's when they started beating me, punching, kicking me, choking me,' he said. Not until 15 minutes later, when uniformed officers drove up in a van and Miles overheard their conversation, did he realize he had been arrested, he said. Initially, when the handcuffs were clamped around his wrists, he thought he was being abducted, he said."

Comment: Crazy world when the good guys become the bad guys.

No comments: