Friday, June 25, 2010

My Way News - Divided Koreas commemorate start of Korean War
My Way News reports: "The Korean conflict started in the early hours of June 25, 1950, with an attack on the South by North Korean troops [...] The United States and 15 other countries sent troops to aid South Korea, while Chinese soldiers fought with the North and the Soviet Union provided air support. Three years of combat devastated both sides. The fighting ended with an armistice, not a permanent peace treaty, leaving the peninsula in a technical state of war."

My Way News - N. Korea set no-sail zones off west coast
My Way News reports:: "North Korea banned boats off its west coast, a South Korean official said Friday, in a possible indication the country may hold an artillery drill or even conduct missile tests."

My Way News - N. Korea to elect leaders amid succession campaign
My Way News reports: "North Korea said Saturday it will elect new party leaders at a rare meeting in September in what analysts say could be a move to strengthen a campaign to hand over power from supreme leader Kim Jong Il to his youngest son."

No comments: