Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Way News - Bahrain square becomes new center for Arab anger
My Way News reports: "Thousands of protesters took over a main square in Bahrain's capital Tuesday - carting in tents and raising banners - in a bold attempt to copy Egypt's uprising and force high-level changes in one of Washington's key allies in the Gulf."

My Way News - Egypt: Muslim Brotherhood plans political party
My Way News reports: "The long banned Muslim Brotherhood said Tuesday it will form a political party once democracy is established in Egypt but promised not to field a candidate for president, trying to allay fears at home and abroad that it seeks power. Still, the fundamentalist movement is poised to be a significant player in the new order."

My Way News - Iranian lawmakers: Put opposition leaders on trial
My Way News reports: "Hardline Iranian lawmakers called on Tuesday for the country's opposition leaders to face trial and be put to death, a day after clashes between opposition protesters and security forces left two people dead and dozens injured."

No comments: