Friday, February 18, 2011

My Way News - Dozens said killed in crackdown on Libya protests
My Way News reports: "Libyan security forces waged an escalating crackdown on protesters demanding the ouster of leader Moammar Gadhafi in several eastern cities. In the country's second largest city, a stream of 35 bodies was brought to one hospital Friday, reportedly of protesters shot while trying to march on one of Gadhafi's residences, a doctor said."

My Way News - Bahrain security forces fire on defiant protesters
My Way News reports: "Security forces opened fire Friday on Bahraini protesters for a second straight day, wounding at least 50 people as thousands defied the government and marched toward Pearl Square in an uprising that sought to break the political grip of the Gulf nation's leaders."

My Way News - 'Friday of Rage' across Yemen leaves 4 dead
My Way News reports: "On what was billed by protest organizers as a 'Friday of Rage' across Yemen, anti-government demonstrators clashed with supporters of the country's longtime ruler and riot police, who fired tear gas and gunshots. Four people were killed by police in the port of Aden and 48 were wounded in the southern city of Taiz when someone threw what appeared to be a hand grenade into a crowd, witnesses said."

My Way News - Clashes in Jordan injure 8 protesters
My Way News reports: "Clashes broke out Friday between government supporters and opponents at a protest calling for more freedom and lower food prices, injuring eight people in the first reported violence in weeks of demonstrations in Jordan."

No comments: