Monday, February 14, 2011

My Way News - Egypt echoes across region: Iran, Bahrain, Yemen
My Way News reports: "The possible heirs of Egypt's uprising took to the streets Monday in different corners of the Middle East: Iran's beleaguered opposition stormed back to central Tehran and came under a tear gas attack by police. Demonstrators faced rubber bullets and birdshot to demand more freedoms in the relative wealth of Bahrain. And protesters pressed for the ouster of the ruler in poverty-drained Yemen."

My Way News - Yemenis protest against president for 4th day
My Way News reports: "Thousands protested in Yemen for a fourth straight day Monday, demanding political reforms and the ouster of the U.S.-allied president in demonstrations inspired by the upheaval in Egypt."

My Way News - Palestinian Authority Cabinet resigns
My Way News reports: "The Palestinian prime minister dissolved his Cabinet on Monday, in what appeared to be a new gesture inspired by unrest rocking the Arab world."

My Way News - Police disperse Iranian protesters with tear gas
My Way News reports: "Clashes between Iranian police and tens of thousands of protesters wracked central Tehran on Monday killing one person, as opposition supporters tried to evoke the spirit of Egypt's recent popular uprising."

My Way News - Israeli PM: Arab world undergoing 'earthquake'
My Way News reports: "Israel's prime minister said Monday that an 'earthquake' is under way in the Arab world but that he 'hopes for the best.' Benjamin Netanyahu said Israel hopes to strengthen its existing peace agreements and sign new ones, but remains 'prepared for any possibility,' referring to the unrest in the region including the toppling of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak by popular protests."

No comments: