Saturday, January 29, 2011

My Way News - Chaos engulfs Cairo as Mubarak points to successor
My Way News reports: "With protests raging, Egypt's president named his intelligence chief as his first-ever vice president on Saturday, setting the stage for a successor as chaos engulfed the capital. Soldiers stood by - a few even joining the demonstrators - and the death toll from five days of anti-government fury rose sharply to 74."

My Way News - Egypt's uprising unites society in rage
My Way News reports: "The tens of thousands of protesters who have thrown Egypt's 30-year-old regime into tumult come from all walks of life - conservative Muslims and Christians, yuppies and the unemployed, young and old. For many, the protests demanding that President Hosni Mubarak step down were a catalyst for years or decades of repressed anger at mistreatment at the hands of the state."

My Way News - Jordan's opposition: Arabs will topple tyrants
My Way News reports: "The leader of Jordan's powerful Muslim Brotherhood warned Saturday that unrest in Egypt will spread across the Mideast and Arabs will topple leaders allied with the United States."

My Way News - Israel watches Egypt uprising with fear
My Way News reports: "Behind an official wall of silence, Israel watched nervously Saturday as anti-government unrest worsened in Egypt, fearful that the violent and growing street protests could topple Israel's most important ally in the Arab world."

No comments: