Wednesday, January 05, 2011

My Way News - Iran arrests Christians, says they're hard-liners
My Way News reports: "Iranian state television said Wednesday that leaders of the country's Christian minority have been arrested and accused of spreading a hard-line version of their faith [...] A website of Iran's political opposition reported that 60 Christians have been arrested since Christmas, including a priest taken into custody on Friday."

My Way News - Prejudices against Egypt's Copts stoke tensions
My Way News reports: "In the wake of a shocking New Year's suicide bombing of an Egyptian church, the government is heavily touting national unity. But on the ground, personal prejudices between members of Egypt's two faiths have always run deep and wide, often fueled inadvertently or not by government policies."

My Way News - Egypt's Christians fear new attack on holiday
My Way News reports: "Egyptian Christians say they fear a repeat attack against their community on Coptic Christmas Eve Thursday despite authorities planning heavy security following a New Year's suicide bombing of a church in Alexandria that killed 21."

My Way News - Cheers and tears in Pakistan after assassination
My Way News reports: "Even so-called moderate Muslim scholars praised 26-year-old Mumtaz Qadri for allegedly killing Punjab province Gov. Salman Taseer on Tuesday in a hail of gunfire while he was supposed to be protecting him as a bodyguard. Qadri later told authorities he acted because of Taseer's vocal opposition to blasphemy laws that order death for those who insult Islam."

No comments: