Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Way News - Russia, China seek greater international clout
AP reports: "The leaders of four major emerging economies - Russia, China, Brazil and India - apparently failed Tuesday to reach consensus on reducing the dominance of the U.S. dollar despite growing calls for an alternative global reserve currency."

Comment: I hesitate to post this news report because I don't want to contribute to the near hysteria that arose in the BP community about this issue. I can't tell you how many e-mails I received from group members asking about Russian and Chinese plans to create a global currency. They were never planning to do that, this is all about trade at the international level - between countries and international organizations - it was never about a new currency. Still, I guess that gets lost in translation. The real importance of this story is the continued rise of Russian and Chinese influence and their antipathy for the United States. Based on BP, we envision both increasing over time so that when/if the U.S. and the West ever falters, they will seek to control the region of the world that Joel Rosenberg calls "the epicenter."

No comments: